Minimum Requirements for Windows player
Last Update: July 2021
AnySignage does not require many resources to run, however with the advance of technology it has been necessary to set out some minimum requirements. The installation process will check these for you, but they are listed below for convenience:
- A network connection to the CMS (possibly over the Internet)
- Microsoft Windows 10 or later (see note below)
- Please note that starting with Windows 10 it is advisable to use the “professional” variant of the operating system. The “home” version no longer has the ability to fully control the schedule of automatic updates which may cause messages to interrupt your signage playback.
- .NET Framework v4.7.3
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2019 x86 (will be downloaded if not present)
- Internet Explorer 8+ ( recommended IE11 or higher )
- Flash Player Version 9 or later (if Flash support required)
- Windows Media Player 11 or later
- For PowerPoint support, Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 or later. PowerPoint viewer is not suitable.
We recommend Windows 10 build 1909 or later. Enterprise LTSB is known to have issues with video playback.
AnySignage for Windows supported Windows 7 until v2 R202. If you want to install on Windows 7 please ensure you use v2 R202 of the Player or an earlier version.
Windows 7 installations can use .NET Framework v4.5 or later.